External Affairs Manager
Restore America’s Estuaries (RAE) is the country’s leading national non-profit conservation organization dedicated to the protection and restoration of bays and estuaries as essential resources for our nation. Restore America’s Estuaries leads an alliance of 10 community-based conservation organizations representing our nation’s greatest estuaries. For more information on RAE, please see our website www.estuaries.org.
The External Affairs Manager will serve as RAE’s lead liaison to key federal agencies, U.S. Congress, and multiple national coalitions to advance coastal habitat restoration, conservation policy, and RAE funding initiatives. This position requires a highly dynamic individual who is passionate about the natural environment, thrives on creativity and collaboration, and pays close attention to detail and timeliness in a fast-paced work environment. The nature of this position requires a team player with strong communication skills and www.cialis.com websites a positive attitude, as (s)he will have regular interaction with other members of the RAE staff and the RAE President (President) and Board of Directors (Board). The position is located in Arlington, VA and reports directly to the President of RAE.
The External Affairs Manager will work with the President, Board, and staff to develop and implement an effective outreach and policy agenda that supports the organization’s overall mission, strategic plan, and program initiatives. This position will utilize social media for effective public engagement and to engage the community of coastal and estuarine focused non-profits, businesses, research institutions, and others involved in our work. Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement an inspiring strategy and genuine levitra online annual agenda to advance and expand external support for protecting and restoring the health of our nation’s estuaries consistent with the RAE Strategic Plan;
- Manage multiple external coalitions including HabNet and the Coastal Habitat Restoration and Protection Coalition;
- Assess feasibility of creating an Affiliate Membership program;
- Develop and manage an aggressive social media outreach strategy including: maintain social media calendar, execute day-to-day posting to drive action across major platforms, and analyze and report effectiveness to maximize results;
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with key federal agencies, congressional offices, and committee staff;
- Assist on special projects as needed, such as research projects, reports, and the National Summit; and
- Assist RAE staff in developing proposals for funding of policy and advocacy-related projects.
- Must have a passion for protecting the environment;
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficient in Word and Excel;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Experience interacting with federal agencies and/or Congress;
- Self-starting and comfortable in small office environment;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Knowledge of Joomla CMS preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; and
- At least three years related work experience, preferably in a non-profit advocacy environment.
Restore America's Estuaries is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume, two writing samples, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “External Affairs” in the subject line. Please do not contact the office directly.