2021 National Estuaries Week Events
2021 was one of our must successful Estuaries Weeks on record. More than 30 events took place in 14 states and Puerto Rico. Take a look at the map below to see the full impact of your efforts. Thanks to everyone who helped pick up trash, lead a kayak tour, and show off your local estuary.
Thank you as well to the bipartisan coalition of elected officials for your support on the 2021 National Estuaries Week Resolution. We couldn’t have done it without your help.
We also would like to recognize recipients of this year’s Caring for our Coast Program for sharing your stories on our blog during this year’s celebration. You can check them out below:
- Successful Crab Trap Closure Effort in the San Antonio Bay
- Caring for Galveston Bay in a Safe Way
- Mississippi Inland Cleanup Program Takes to the Sea in Kayaks for Cleanup Efforts
- Florida Watershed Revitalized Thanks to Hard Work of Local Community
- Volunteers Helped Southwest LA Bounce Back from a Tough Hurricane Season
- CLUE Project Implemented at Crescent Lake