General Information for Presenters
- Deadline for upload: September 10, 2020
- Recommended length: 10-12 minutes per presenter
- File formats accepted: .mp4 is the preferred format
- Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Suggested recording medium: Panopto
- For ease of use and consistency in presenting your PowerPoint slides, we encourage you to sign up for a free, basic Pantopo account and follow the instructions in our help video to guide you through the process.
- How to name your presentation:
- Virtual Agenda: September 29_12:30 pm_Session#_Track#_Lastname_Firstname (Use your time slot, session #, and name)
- DEDICATED Session: Lastname_Firstname_DedicatedSessionTitle
- INDIVIDUAL Presenter: LastName_FirstName_IndividualPresentationTitle
CREATING YOUR SLIDES
- Please set your PowerPoint slide design for WIDESCREEN 16:9.
- Make sure your that PowerPoint is in presentation mode + show your face + record.
- We recommend no more than 10 slides for the allotted timeframe.
- Presentations should be approximately 10-12 minutes in length.
- The first slide of your presentation should include: your presentation title, your name and contact information including social media handles.
- Please avoid the use of copywritten material unless you have permission.
- Begin your talk with a self-introduction. Please include a brief bio (<75 words).
- End your talk by again showing your contact info and social media handles.
- As mentioned, the suggested recording medium is: Panopto. Please review this help video and set up your free Panopto account before proceeding. (Note: Some email addresses are not compatible with Panopto. Alternative options are listed below)
- Recordings made directly with PowerPoint are acceptable if exported to the .mp4 file format, but please be sure to check your final recording carefully before submission, especially for dropped words or long pauses.
- As an alternative to recording in PowerPoint, there are several free recommended options to record your presentation:
- Detailed instructions, including video tutorials, about how to use each of these programs are available here.
- Note: we are suggesting that presenters use Pantopo for ease of use in integrating a PowerPoint presentation and to ensure consistency, however, if you prefer to use another recording method that you are comfortable with, feel free to do so.
- All presentations will need to be recorded and provided in an mp4 format.
- If you record in PowerPoint, our virtual conference technical provider has reported that they encounter infrequent but troubling quality problems with PowerPoint recordings.
UPLOADING YOUR PRESENTATION
- The deadline for upload is Thursday, September 10, 2020.
- Further upload instructions and links are coming soon.
FOR ON-DEMAND VIDEOS DURING AND AFTER THE CONFERENCE
- Your presentation will be available on a searchable website beginning September 15 and will be hosted there for up to 9 months after the Summit.
- After that date Restore America’ Estuaries may transfer your content to a public site such as YouTube, unless you specifically request otherwise. By uploading that content to a public site, Restore America’s Estuaries makes no claim to ownership of that content and you may ask Restore America’s Estuaries to remove it at any time. Restore America’s Estuaries may edit the content for brevity or to improve audio visual quality.
- A discussion widget will be attached to each on-demand video to allow for discussions, polls, etc.
*Please note that all submitted presentations will be reviewed and we reserve the right to request you edit, omit, or delete any material non-conforming to the above recommendations