CITGO Caring for Our Coasts Gulf Region Grants Program
Restore America’s Estuaries is excited to partner with CITGO to provide grants to organizations and groups interested in hosting locally-based volunteer events along the Gulf of Mexico. These grants are intended to provide coastal groups with funding to host beach clean-ups, estuary restoration, or other educational events.
In 2021, this program awarded more than $17,000 to eight organizations. More than 1,100 volunteers donated 3,400 hours of time at 57 different events. They restored or preserved 1,236 acres, planted 11,770 native trees and plants, and collected 27,000 lbs of trash along 389 miles of shoreline.
- Applicants must be a registered non-profit, government entity, or community organization
- Funded project must be located in the Gulf of Mexico region
- Potential for this funding to increase event capacity
- Expected impact of the event on local communities and ecosystems
- Demonstration of community engagement and outreach
- Funding need
- Special Consideration will be given to high-ranking proposals from diverse groups, or partner with diverse groups, that have traditionally been under-engaged with coastal conservation efforts or are new to competitive grant funding
For more information on this program, please contact Briana Yancy.