CITGO Caring for Our Coasts Gulf Region Grants Program
The funding cycle for 2021 has closed. Awardees will be announced shortly.
Restore America’s Estuaries is excited to partner with CITGO to provide grants to organizations and groups interested in hosting locally-based volunteer events along the Gulf of Mexico. These grants are intended to provide coastal groups with funding to host beach clean-ups, estuary restoration, or other educational events.
In 2019, this program awarded more than $17,000 to seven organizations who together engaged more than 250 volunteers, collected 3,300 pounds of trash, cleaned 160 miles of shorelines, removed nearly 1,000 invasive species, and planted more than 300 trees.
- Applicants must be a registered non-profit, government entity, or community organization
- Funded project must be located in the Gulf of Mexico region
- Potential for this funding to increase event capacity
- Expected impact of the event on local communities and ecosystems
- Demonstration of community engagement and outreach
- Funding need
For more information on this program, please contact Rob Shane.