CITGO Caring for Our Coasts Gulf Region Grants Program
Download the Request for Proposals »
Download the Grant Application »
Restore America’s Estuaries is excited to partner with CITGO to provide grants to organizations and groups interested in hosting locally-based volunteer events in the Gulf of Mexico region. These grants are intended to provide groups with funding to host clean-up, restoration, or other educational events. Under this year's program, events may take place any time between October and December 2019.
In 2018, this program awarded grants to eight organizations who together engaged more than 3,000 volunteers, collected 58,000 pounds of trash, cleaned 160 miles of shorelines, removed nearly 1,000 invasive species, and planted more than 300 trees.
Deadline for submission: November 1, 2019
- Applicants must be a registered non-profit, government entity, or community organization
- Funded project must be located in the Gulf of Mexico region
- Potential for this funding to increase event capacity
- Expected impact of the event on local communities and ecosystems
- Demonstration of community engagement and outreach
- Funding need