Past Trainings and Resources
While RAE is currently putting a focus on building Inclusive Coasts, this stems from a series of events that helped us realize the need to escalate the issue. Below are a handful of recordings and documents from our monthly webinar series, biennial Summit, and other events that you may find helpful.
ICI Workshop #1: Improving Equity in Grantmaking
Other DEIJ Resources
In 2019, RAE hosted this workshop for 100 participants in coordination with National Science Foundation and with help from the Avarna Group to focus on improving diversity in staff retention and recruitment in the coastal environment sector.
- DEIJ in Action Guide
- DEIJ in Action Appendix
- Tracking Diversity: The Green 2.0 Guide to best practices in demographic data collection
- Hiring Toolkit (updated in 2020)
- Leaking Talent – A report from Green 2.0 (presented at workshop)
- Handout with definitions and discussion questions
- Moving Towards JEDI in the Coastal Sector
- The Avarna Group has a suite of additional guidance documents and resources on their site
On February 25, 2021, Restore America’s Estuaries hosted Dr. Tiara Moore at our monthly webinar series. Inside and outside of the lab, Dr. Moore hopes her research in biodiversity will translate to increasing the overall diversity in science. She dedicates her time to mentoring minority women in the lab and in afterschool programs. Founder of A WOC SPACE, Dr. Moore aspires to make a safe and inclusive workplace for all women of color (WOC) through WOCShops and individual personal trainings.
This is a recording from RAE’s 2020 National Coastal & Estuarine Virtual Summit featuring Nicole LeBoeuf of NOAA and Majora Carter of the Majora Carter group.