Registration for the 2022 RAE Coastal & Estuarine Summit is Now Open
The wait is finally over – registration is now live for the 2022 RAE Coastal & Estuarine Summit. With the help of RAE Member group, Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL), we are excited to officially begin welcoming you to this year’s Summit. Early bird registration begins today and will last until October 7th. Early registrants will receive an $85 discount registration. We are also offering discounted rates for students.
From December 4th-8th, more than 1,000 coastal restoration professionals, policy makers, and regulators will make their way to New Orleans for the largest gathering of its kind in the U.S. The four-day Summit includes endless opportunities to learn, network, and engage.
In addition to the hundreds of live sessions and poster presentations, we are also excited to announce the full lineup of Sunday field sessions. These are great opportunities to see how communities in the region are battling the adverse effects of climate change and development through restoration, management, and community engagement.
- Pontoon Boat Tour of Manchac Swamp and Surrounding Marches of Pass Manchac
- Queen Bess Island Restoration and Adaptive Management
- Maurepas Swamp Kayak Tour
- LSU Center for River Studies and Bonnet Carre Spillway Tour
- Large-Scale Upper Barataria Marsh Creation
- Bayou St. John Kayak Tour
We will also host multiple workshops hosted by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and other partner organizations. These workshops will provide hands-on learning and training opportunities for attendees to explore the use of data, communications, and enhancing DEIJ in coastal restoration. The full list of Sunday and Thursday workshops are:
- Diving into the Digital Coast – Nature-based Solutions and Coastal Inundation Risk Information
- Diving into the Digital Coast – Funding and Financing Resilience
- Using the Power of Media to Share Your Coastal Stories
- Use of Natural and Nature-Based Features in Estuarine Systems
- Food for Thought: How the Coasts Nourish Our Bodies and Communities
- Blue Carbon Collaboratives: Developing and Leveraging Communities of Practice to advance blue carbon in US Coastal States and Regions
- Using your Grant Programs to Improve DEIJ
- Communicating Your Science and Expertise with COMPASS
As 2020 brought challenges in navigating a virtual world, we believe that it also opened the door for a future of improved access to events and opportunities such as the Summit. Given the overwhelming success of the 2020 Virtual Summit, we will offer both in-person and virtual registration options at varying costs. We will also continue to provide scholarships thanks to the generous support of The Island Foundation.
Additionally, we are grateful to the many wonderful sponsors who have already shown their commitment to coastal restoration and the 2022 RAE Summit. Particularly, NOAA, the Pew Charitable Trusts, the Walton Family Foundation, Stantec, and the Coastal Wetlands Planning Protection and Restoration Act. There’s still time to sponsor this year’s Summit – click here to download our sponsorship prospectus or reach out to Lance Speidell.
We are can’t wait to see you this December in the Big Easy. Want to get the latest updates on the Summit? Sign up for our email list here.