Blue Carbon workshops build an understanding of blue carbon concepts and their applications for increasing the value of coastal wetland protection and restoration activities. Workshops are customized to meet specific audience needs and provide opportunities for discussion and networking.
Workshop agenda are customized but generally consist of the following:
- Introduction to Coastal Blue Carbon – Greenhouse gases and tidal wetlands, markets and standards, tools and resources available, etc.
- How to identify and assess blue carbon opportunities – Barriers, opportunities and constraints for implementing carbon offset projects.
- Highlight of regional and national blue carbon initiatives.
Also see our resources page for additional tools.
Interested in hosting a blue carbon workshop? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a glimpse of what to expect with these resources from past blue carbon workshops:
Blue is the New Green: Including Coastal Wetlands in Sustainability Planning for FL (8/24/17)
- Introduction to Blue Carbon Concepts (Stefanie Simpson, Restore America’s Estuaries)
- Summary of Tampa Bay Blue Carbon Assessment (RAE)
- Blue Carbon Potential in FL – Pilot project in Naples and looking back to past seagrass success in Tampa (Scott Settelmyer, TerraCarbon)
- Evaluation Blue Carbon Potential for Generating Carbon Offsets (TerraCarbon)
Gulf Capacity Building Workshop – Baton Rouge, LA (6/28/16)
- Introduction to Blue Carbon (Stefanie Simpson, Restore America’s Estuaries)
- Applications of Blue Carbon (Dr. Steve Crooks, Environmental Science Associates)
- How to plan for a successful carbon finance project (Scott Settelmyer, TerraCarbon)
- Blue Carbon in LA: Overview of state efforts (Richard Raynie, LA Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority)
- LA Blue Carbon Science Highlights: landscape scale carbon and additional research needs (Dr. John White, Louisiana State University)
- Challenges and Lessons Learned in Implementing Blue Carbon Projects in LA (Dr. Sarah Mack, Tierra Resources, and Robert Lane, Louisiana State University)